The international School of Science and Technology Early Years Department is operated by “Children of the World” international pre-school. It is a well-established school preparatory kindergarten with exclusively high standards of tuition and care. You can read more about it here: www.children-of-the-world.com.
EYFS age groups are located on the 1-st floor of the school building and can enjoy all the school resources on offer.
Primary, Secondary and High School is located in Lefortovo district of Moscow:
The school occupies a large purpose built building with large classrooms, library, robotics and IT centre, science laboratories, ballet studio, art studio, music and assembly hall, gymnasium, dining hall and playground areas, which incorporate all weather sports pitch.
The school building benefits from spacious classrooms supplemented with netbook and tablet banks. Our classrooms are flexible working spaces where students can experience a variety of learning approaches. By combining elements such as formal work areas, reading areas, circle time and interactive areas for group work with modern technology, the school provides a truly effective learning environment.
Our wireless campus with fibre-optic internet connection allows each classroom seamless access to the internet. In addition, visits to the library and IT Centre are designed to foster the potential of research both online and through written text.
In the art studio and science laboratories, our students are encouraged to explore and take advantage of all the resources on offer. We have two playgrounds and a number of indoor, flexible-use spaces. The school also makes use of additional nearby facilities, including athletic tracks, games pitches and a large indoor swimming pool of Bauman Technology University located nearby.
Various initiatives for students to be healthy and safe include:
- School breakfast and lunch are provided on site offering healthy and substantial meals. We encourage our children to make healthy choices and to eat more vegetables and fruit. Sweet soda drinks are not allowed at school.
- The students participate in school activities and are given responsibilities which build their confidence and self-esteem, e.g. helping with younger children, being monitors and helpers, participating in assemblies and houses;
- All students have access to drinking water throughout the day. Drinking water is provided by Eden Springs (part of Nestle company) and the dispensers are regularly disinfected by the provider;
- All school furniture and décor is 100% ecologically safe, materials are environment friendly and in many cases recycled. Learning resources and materials are carefully chosen and checked to follow safety standards.
- We promote physical activities at lunchtime and after school to encourage healthy lifestyles;
- Security of the site is monitored. CCTV is on in every classroom, corridors, halls and dining-hall;
- We discuss safety issues with the students through the curriculum including safer internet use.
- Outside agencies, i.e. Fire Service, dentists, doctors, etc. are invited to school to raise children’s awareness.
- We provide clear planned curriculum opportunities for the children to understand and explore feelings using appropriate learning and teaching styles.
- We have a clear Child Protection Policy and Anti-Bullying policy, which is owned, understood and implemented by the whole school community.